CPRS Job Listing
Take your career to the next level with this exciting employment opportunity at Jurupa Community Services District! We challenge our employees to strive for excellence and we're looking for the next member of our team to serve as a Recreation Specialist. If you're passionate about public service, employee engagement, and approach new challenges with a growth mindset, you'll want to be a part of our JCSD family. We look forward to welcoming you!
Under general direction, oversees, coordinates, and participates in recreation programs to ensure that District facilities, programs, activities, and services are safe and effective and provide the highest level of customer satisfaction for public use. Responsibilities include planning, scheduling, and directing the program operations, activities, and services in a timely manner, and performing a wide variety of tasks in the operations and activities of a recreation program and/or facility. May operate and administer one or more community center facilities; additional duties may include:
- Plans, organizes, implements, leads, and assist in one or more recreation, community event and volunteer programs, activities, and/or systems at one or multiple sites.
- Plans, develops, and provides recreation program work; research excursion sites; communicates status of activities and services to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of staff and volunteers; provides training, orientation, and guidance to assigned staff; provides input to performance evaluations.
- Monitors facility use; conducts safety checks, opens, collect fees (if applicable), staffs, closes, and secures buildings for events and assists in the supervision and preparation of the facility and amenities for patron use.
- Performs related work as assigned.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
The right person for this role will possess the following credentials:
- Equivalent to graduation from high school is required and three (3) years of experience related to the program to which assigned.
- Possession of a valid California driver's license.
- Possession of or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment, American Red Cross First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate for infant, child, and adult.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You’ll need the following to succeed in this position:
- Three years experience leading recreation programs and activities in a public agency setting.
To apply please visit our website at: https://www.jcsd.us/services/human-resources/career-opportunities