CPRS Job Listing
Aquatics Facility Maintenance Specialist
- THE POSITION
Under general supervision, provides skilled and semi-skilled labor duties in support of aquatic facilities operations including the repair and maintenance of City swimming pools and aquatics facilities in accordance with OSHA safety regulations and City policies and procedures; performs maintenance tasks include basic carpentry, electrical and plumbing work.
- EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. lncumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Inspects aquatics facilities, prioritizes necessary repairs, improvements and preventive maintenance; follows all safety rules and regulations to minimize risk and enhance the safety of employees and visitors; checks property and grounds for unsafe conditions, and clears hazards; reports safety conditions, security issues and illegal activities.
- Oversees the work of others in aquatics maintenance procedures.
- Maintains swimming pool water quality and sanitation levels in compliance with State regulations and Health Department standards; tests water and adds the proper chemicals to maintain safe and healthy water quality.
- Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled facilities maintenance, preventive maintenance, component replacement and repair tasks, including carpentry, mechanical, and basic non-licensed electrical and plumbing work.
- Maintains specialized swimming pool circulation and filtration equipment; inspects filter systems and equipment for leaks and proper operating condition.
- Works on assigned projects, and makes appropriate decisions based on work experience and individual skills; notifies supervisors of repair problems beyond the scope of authority.
- Prioritizes work requests; identifies material and equipment needs; organizes supplies and equipment; and documents the work performed.
- Utilizes proper safety precautions in all work performed; reports problems and emergency situations.
- Cleans up spills and unsafe conditions in a timely manner and according to procedures.
- Inspects and maintains assigned equipment and small tools for proper operating condition; completes minor repairs on equipment as needed.
- Operates vehicles and equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures; identifies and reports mechanical problems requiring additional repair.
- Completes daily work log, incident and accident reports, and requisitions for supplies and materials.
- Responds as directed to perform emergency cleaning and repair work as required.
- Assists in solicitation of bids for major work projects involving swimming and aquatics projects.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
High school diploma or equivalent GED and four (4) years of experience in skilled building trades, including six (6) months of pool maintenance experience.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Must possess a valid California driver's license.
The following certifications must be obtained within 90 days of appointment:
Must maintain Certified Pool Operators (CPO) Certificate OR an Aquatic Facility Operator's (AFO) Certificate.
Must maintain First Aid/CPR certification.
To view a complete job description and benefit information, please visit our website at:
Applications must be submitted online by Monday, December 4, 2023 by 11:59 p.m.