CPRS Job Listing
Competitive Sports - Club Sports Director
Campus Recreation serves as an integral part of the university life by offering diverse sports, recreational and fitness activities that are fun, vigorous, healthy and conducive to personal wellness. The department supports the academic mission by creating a climate that motivates individuals to embrace a healthy lifestyle, build social communities and develop leadership opportunities that contribute to anteater pride. The vision of the department is to provide programs and services to the anteater community in a manner that meets or exceeds the standards of excellence of the University.
Primary responsibilities are to develop, administer, and evaluate a comprehensive club sport program that encompasses nearly 40 club sports and serves approximately 1800 members. Incumbent is entrusted with administration, staff development, supervision, event management, fiscal oversight, risk management and customer service to ensure smooth operation and success of a Competitive Sports program, with primary focus on club sports.
- 3-4 years of progressive administrative experience working within a Campus Recreation department or recreational sports facility • Familiar with club sport and intramural programs on a college campus
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Red Cross CPR required. Standard First Aid Training Certification required.
- Demonstrates advanced client service leadership, entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking skills to resolve non-standard issues. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate key program information for inclusion in web-based and other marketing materials. Advanced proficiency in the use of computer applications relevant to job duties.
- Advanced knowledge of program activity and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and improve programs and processes as needed.
- Skills to deliver highly effective service orientation, program management, and make sound judgments decisions; able to use critical thinking skills to develop original and creative problem solving ideas in a varied and challenging environment.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of campus policies and procedures.
Visit the UCI Careers website. Search: Competitive Sports - Club Sports Director or insert the job ID: 54766-1A