CPRS Job Listing
Assistant Project Coordinator
The City of Chino is seeking a motivated individual to join its Park and Facilities Division, within the Community Services Department. This position plans and participates in the development and maintenance of City buildings and facilities, assists in the development and planning of parks and facilities, and does related work as assigned.
Under direction, plans and participates in the development and maintenance of City buildings and facilities; establishes maintenance policies and procedures; assists in the development and administration of the section budget; assists in the development and planning of parks and facilities; and does related work as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential job duties of the position is qualifying. The incumbent will possess the most desirable combination of training, skills, and experience, as demonstrated in past and current employment history. A typical example includes:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, landscape architecture, public administration, or a related field.
- None required for this position.
- Four years of park and facility development, general maintenance or construction experience.
- Tools, equipment, supplies, and safe methods of maintenance work, including such areas as electrical, heating, air conditioning, carpentry, and plumbing.
- Methods and techniques of work planning, estimating and construction scheduling.
- Theories and practices of planning, including plan and bid document preparation.
- Parks development and planning, and facilities maintenance.
- Plan and organize work.
- Establish and maintain standards of maintenance and repair.
- Select and estimate quantities of supplies and equipment.
- Prepare and present reports; maintain accurate records.
- Prepare construction documents and technical specifications.
- Prepare construction estimates, and advertise project for competitive bids.
- Perform a variety of skilled manual duties associated with maintenance work.
- Read and interpret building plans.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with internal and external customers.
- Represent the Department in a variety of meetings.
- Operate a computer and utilize a variety of software programs.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Job Specific training will be provided according to class specification during work hours.
- Work a varying schedule (hours/days will be adjusted as needed).
- Receive satisfactory results from a background investigation, a physical examination, which includes a drug screen, and an administrative review.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: