CPRS Job Listing
Aquatics Recreation Coordinator
The City of Calistoga has an excellent opportunity for an Aquatics Recreation Coordinator. This full-time position is directly responsible for overseeing the activities and operations of the aquatic programs. This position will assist in the development, coordination, implementation, and marketing of all aquatic activities and provides supervision of part-time, contract personnel and volunteers and enforces all rules and regulations pertaining to the safety and well-being of the patrons and visitors at the facility. Evenings and weekends may be required. Bilingual skills are desirable. SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED: Receives direct supervision from the Parks and Recreation Director. Assists with supervision of part-time staff.
ESSENTIAL AND MARGINAL FUNCTIONS: – including, but not limited to, the following:
• Provides direct, hands-on management and supervision of aquatic activities including lifeguard programs.
• Works with, coordinates and assists in the regular assessment and refinement of aquatic programs.
• Assists with overseeing the creation of organized swimming activities, such as swim lessons, and water aerobics.
• Answers inquiries and provides information and assists customers at the counter and over the telephone.
• Ensures customers receive complete information about programs and activities and any applicable polices and regulations.
• Ensures department personnel policies and procedures are followed.
• Knowledge and use of emergency action plans.
• Assists with accidents and injuries as directed and completion of proper incident and accident reports in detail.
• Types and proofreads outgoing correspondence for accuracy, completeness, correct English usage, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Assists in monitoring and supervising the activities of patrons of all ages at the various sites.
• Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintains a high standard of customer service.
• Maintains good public relations by working cooperatively and professionally with the public and employees.
• Assists with the planning and supervision of City-wide events, which may include occasional evenings and weekend hours.
• Assists the department in purchasing and monitoring supplies and equipment by making recommendations and or suggestions.
• Oversees the work of contract and volunteer staff; plans, schedules, and assigns work; maintains standards, works with staff to correct deficiencies.
• Oversees the recruitment and on-going support of volunteers. Ensures all volunteers provide the appropriate paperwork and pass certain requirements to volunteer for programs.
• Supervises and assigns staff during assigned work shifts.
• Maintains the parks and recreation software.
• Reviews registration applications for completeness; investigates complaints and recommends corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
• Produces and distributes marketing brochures, media releases and newsletters including compiling of information, layout, and printing.
• Represents and interprets facility operations, schedules, polices and regulations to the public.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
• Possession of a valid California Driver’s License.
• Possession of automatic electronic defibrillator training.
• Possession of Lifeguarding Certification
• Possession of Lifeguard Instruction Certification desirable.
• Possession of First Responder First Aid and CPR Certification. Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
• Graduation from a four-year college or university with major coursework in recreation administration, physical education, educational programs, or a related field.
• Three years leadership experience working in recreation and development of programs, including at least two years in a public sector recreation program is desirable.
• Substantial on-deck direct experience as an Aquatics Coordinator, or equivalent is desired.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in pool management and aquatic program development and implementation is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY:
Our online application portal and fillable forms work best when the City of Calistoga website is accessed via Google.
OPTION 1. To Apply Online: https://www.ci.calistoga.ca.us/Home/Components/JobPosts/Job/183/735
OPTION 2. Complete Application: http://www.ci.calistoga.ca.us/home/showdocument?id=29344
Mail cover letter, resume and completed application to:
Personnel Department City of Calistoga
1232 Washington Street Calistoga, CA 94515
Please contact Human Resources with any questions at 707-942-2803 or email@example.com