CPRS Job Listing
Community Services Coordinator
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Plan, organize and direct specific community
service programs; for example: classes, camps,
special events, and/or teen programs. Some
weekend work may be required for special
• Participate in the selection, assignment, scheduling, and supervision of subordinate program staff including contract staff or volunteers, conducts staff orientation and/or training.
• Responsible for the collection and accounting of fees for program registration; prepares the program budget recommendation for the allocation of personnel, supplies and equipment for program activity areas; participates in budget administration; submits purchase requisitions for program supplies and equipment.
• Prepares or assists in the preparation of news releases, brochures or other program related materials.
• Coordinate assigned recreation and/or community service activities or programs with other City departments, and outside agencies, and service providers.
• Represents the City in relations with other local agencies, community groups, students, school organizations while discussing program related issues.
• Evaluates program attendance, participant response and cost; maintains related records; prepares program related reports; and makes recommendations on the program.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in recreation or related field and two years of recreation experience coordinating a variety of recreation programs involving the direction of seasonal, contract, and volunteer personnel is required. Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required skills will be considered.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to; build and maintain positive working relationships with other City Employees, and the public using excellent good customer service; working knowledge of theories, principles, practices and programs that are common to community service programs, community center operations and management; budget management as it pertains to program activities; methods and techniques of supervision; the methods required to plan, implement, promote, supervise and evaluate program activities; ability to work independently; maintain records and prepare reports; supervise the work of others engaged in program activities; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; analyze unusual situations and resolve through application of City and department policies; meet the public in situations requiring diplomacy and tact.
Possession of a valid California Class C driver’s license at the time of hire and have a satisfactory driving record based upon specific program needs. Possession of or ability to obtain American Red Cross certificates in first aid and CPR within six (6) months.
Submit your application, and resume online at www.agourahillscity.org or to Human Resources, City of Agoura Hills, 30001 Ladyface Court, Agoura Hills, CA 91301. Questions: email Celeste Bird at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications materials will be screened on a continuous basis with the first review date of June 25, 2021. Resumes may be attached to completed applications, however, a resume will not be accepted in lieu of an official City Application. This recruitment is subject to close at any time. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply early! Candidates with the most relevant qualifications will be invited to interview.