CPRS Job Listing
Assistant Recreation Coordinator-Aquatics
PLEASE NOTE: WORKDAYS ARE SATURDAYS THROUGH WEDNESDAYS (with Thursdays & Fridays off)
SUMMARY: Under general supervision of a Recreation Manager, organizes and directs activities related to a variety of recreation programs, including but not limited to: Aquatics, Adult and/or Youth Sports, Facility Rentals, Senior Services, Special Events, Summer Camps, Youth Center/Youth Services. This classification is distinguished from the Recreation Coordinator classification based upon the required education and experience and range/scope of work assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes the following:
- Assists the Recreation Manager to coordinate, facilitate, and lead assigned recreation program(s) including supervision and training of part-time staff and unpaid volunteers, resolving program issues, and ensuring that assigned program is delivered as planned.
- Responds to inquiries and resolves concerns/issues regarding their assigned program areas.
- Assists in the creation of program and department surveys to collect data and obtain customer feedback experience.
- Reviews and documents the progress and effectiveness of specific and assigned recreation programs; develop and present recommendations for change.
- Assists with recruiting program participants and volunteers.
- Observes program facilities/areas to ensure cleanliness and safe, proper use of facilities and equipment.
- Assists with the promotion of programs and events via preparation of brochures, flyers, social media efforts, and other venues for community outreach.
- Performs a variety of clerical and administrative support functions for assigned program area as needed.
- Assists and supports special projects and events as assigned.
- Maintains, monitors, purchases, and organizes supplies, and equipment for assigned programs.
- Performs related work as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. Administrative duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements that are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities, to perform the essential functions. Own transportation may be required for visits to other facilities and perform other duties as assigned/needed.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: An Associate’s degree or the equivalent of 60 semester units at an accredited college or university with coursework in recreation/leisure, arts administration, hospitality management, public administration, human services, business administration, or a related field; And one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as, speak effectively before groups of customers and/or employees within the organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform basic math including calculations of fractions, percent’s and/or ratios. Must have budgeting knowledge and understand how to read, create and monitor budgets.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Solid experience working with Microsoft Windows 7/8 and Office 10 which includes word outlook, processing, spreadsheets and database programs.
- REASONING ABILITY: Must have the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to read technical information, compose a variety of documents and/or facilitate group discussions; and solve practical problems.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: First Aid/CPR Certification.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Must be customer service oriented, accurate, self-motivated, and be able to use time efficiently. Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to direct and motivate office clerk staff to provide excellent customer service to our internal and external customers.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. High repetitive motion due to high computer usage.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet when in the office.
- Program locations, Recreation and other Agency facilities may be noisy with very dynamic movement.
- Individual may on occasion be exposed to natural weather conditions that may vary from extreme sun to cold, wet rainy and windy conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of this position.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek assistance as required. Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization’s services (may include: visitors, employees and other community members).
An Associate’s degree or the equivalent of 60 semester units at an accredited college or university with coursework in recreation/leisure, arts administration, hospitality management, public administration, human services, business administration, or a related field; And one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please apply online at https://www.lgsrecreation.org/2023/08/04/assistant-recreation-coordinat…