CPRS Job Listing
AQUATIC FACILITY OPERATOR
The City of Ventura is hiring! The City of Ventura’s Parks and Recreation Department is looking for an Aquatic Facility Operator to join the team! This position will plan, assign, direct, and perform skilled and semi-skilled maintenance, repair, and inspection of the City's comprehensive multi-use aquatics facility, including its pools, buildings, and equipment. If you are ready to grow your experience or train for the next step in your career, this position may be for you!
The Aquatic Facility Operator will ensure the City’s multi-use aquatics facility is maintained as well as provide hands-on, journey-level maintenance for parks, facilities, and related equipment. We are seeking a skilled and resourceful lead worker who can guide a work crew to provide high-quality maintenance services, enabling recreation and ensuring citizen safety.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- has broad construction background, as well as pool maintenance experience
- has knowledge of practices, methods, materials, and equipment used in public pool operation, including chemical water treatment systems and pool water testing, general facilities maintenance, and operation
- performs skilled maintenance and repair work at the journey level in pool operations and equipment as well as facilities maintenance
- manages multiple projects, delegates work, and is comfortable multitasking and shifting priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- understands and interprets contractual service agreements and review work performance for compliance
- communicates effectively both orally and in writing with both internal and external customers while providing exceptional customer service
If you are interested in working in a progressive, dedicated, and supportive team environment, apply today!
Salary and Benefits
The City offers a total compensation package that includes both a generous salary plus excellent benefits!
Salary: $28.92 - $35.16 Hourly
Salary plus 6 Medical options, CalPers Retirement, Dental, Vision, FSA, 457
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete an online City Job Application and supplemental questionnaire now! !
The filing deadline is Monday, October 24, 2022, at 5:30 p.m.
Go to www.cityofventura.ca.gov/jobs and Apply! EEO/ADA