CPRS Job Listing
Assistant Recreation Supervisor
The City is looking to fill 1 vacancy in the Recreation Department for a Assistant Recreation Supervisor. This position will assist and perform as assigned the coordination and implementation of aquatic programs and services, and Department-wide administration; and to assist, if needed, in other program and activity development, administration, and facility management within the Recreation Department. The Assistant Recreation Supervisor has a responsibility over a broad area of recreation program activities, and provides professional planning and direction to para-professional, clerical, and other employees performing program-supporting activities.
Experience: Two years of experience (including one year coordinating aquatic programs) in the implementation of activities and programs in aquatics.
Education: Major course work towards a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major work in recreation, human development, sociology, gerontology, public administration, or related field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid California driver's license.
- Possession of American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor Certification.
- Possession of American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor Trainer Certification highly desired.
- Possession of American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification.
- Possession of American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer Certification highly desired.
- Possession of Certified Pool Operator or Aquatic Facility Operator Certification.
- Ability to lift someone out of the pool and carry them 6ft away from the pool